Thursday, July 10, 2008

Brief Lapses Into Something Really Yummy

SCENE #1 --
A week or two ago, I entered a konbini. Now I have been positively surprised by the music they play in shops here ever since I got here - clothes shops have *good* house music, supermarkets have crazy funky jazz (really, I don't have the faintest clue where they got the idea, but all supermarkets do it, unless they employ very sappy Jpop which is just as good), etc. But this time, upon entering the konbini, I heard the wonderful sounds of the ending song to Whisper of the Heart - Country Roads (Japanese version ofc).

SCENE #2 --
Last Monday, there was a welcome party for all the new international students at Kyoto University (3 months after they'd arrived - gotta love Japan). The free food and drink were very enjoyable (no Japanese party, no matter how official, without alcohol), but the best part was when a brass band appeared out of nowhere and started playing the Totoro ending song!! ..followed by the Totoro intro song. They were really nicely arranged too. My heart literally jumped from joy, and I had a *very* strong impulse of happiness.

SCENE #3 --
Youri studying, tired, halfway listless.

SCENE #4 -- (unfinished)
August and September AWESOME.

No comments: