Friday, August 22, 2008

Jungle Mic / The End of the Rainbow

I'm very happy right now! I'm listening to Jungle Mic's EP, recorded last May, which the guitarist gave to me after a pretty sweet jam session tonight. I ran into these guys when they were gigging by the river a couple of weeks ago, and dug their sound, so I went up to them for a chat, and they were very excited from the outset to jam with me. So today, it finally happened.

Briefly reflecting, it seems like I've had another of my super-awesome luckies. Check this out...

  • they're funky!
  • they mix funk, hiphop, jazz and pop
  • keys would enter very nicely into their current sound (in fact, on the EP some songs have keys, though they have no keyboard player right now)
  • they're semi-pro: regular gigs (which seem to be paid, but I'm not sure about that) and practices, everyone has their gear sorted out
  • they're very friendly guys, and seem to be moderately crazy, in the good way
  • they practice at a studio that has very, very nice rooms with great amps, double keyboards set up(! for now I'll just need to bring my laptop, which is great) and a lounge where it smells an awful lot like something that's not allowed and with a boxful of NES games for anyone to play (Street Fighter 2 YEAH!)
  • one of the two vocalists has a car and is willing to pick me up and drop me off close to home (at least while I live in Oubaku)!
  • they're definitely good enough for me to be able to learn a lot from them
  • and not least of all...
  • they seem to be excited to have me join them as a permanent member!!
I live at the end of the rainbow.

No comments: