Sunday, June 8, 2008

Fast Energy Flow

Recently, I've been using every spare minute in the rare boring class to study useful things, cooking most of my meals (saves money), listening to Japanese conversation podcasts instead of music while commuting, watching 2-3 episodes of One Piece/South Park/docu's per day, sending e-mails to my friends in Tokyo to find out about their summer plans (I have to start buying tickets if I wanna do anything cheaply), downloading a ton of old and new music (King Crimson, Nightmares on Wax, Voivod, Elephant9, Los Amigos Invisibles, Scott Henderson, Jazz Liberatorz, Bootsy Collins, Junkyard Scientists, Yellowjackets...), reading Digg regularly, sleeping good amounts (had a nap dream today involving the movie Top Gun, which I've never seen), making new friends, chilling with old friends, getting drunk with all of them at different parties and gatherings, gathering a ton of study materials (websites, software), indulging in 30-degree afternoons, worrying about the entrance exam, e-mailing my professor about the details of the entrance exam, choosing songs for my first dance show (in less than 3 weeks from today), planning a Gion Matsuri kimono date with Misa (I'm borrowing one from her parents, hand-made by her great-grandmother (who is obviously still alive at 93!)), and feeling slightly impatient with regard to the progress I'm making conversation-wise. I'm TIRED!

Here's an interesting article I found on Digg: Is Google Making Us Stupid?.

I also went to Osaka for the first time a week ago with Misa, to see a friend of hers and her Spanish fiance. Osaka has a very different atmosphere than Kyoto - more fashion-conscious, faster, bigger, less old people. Looking forward to going there again many times!




















No comments: