Monday, June 23, 2008

A long-awaited first ! And second !

Yeahhhh last week I finally had my first karaoke experience. And second! First on Monday, with tutor Ryu and his buddy whose name I still can't remember. Unfortunately, Tareq and I were the only ones out of our group to join, so it was presumably less fun than it had potential to be if everyone would've come. Anyway, it was still great. Karaoke is really awesome. There's like 10^10 songs from around the world (English, Japanese, Chinese and Korean), so it ranged from Ryu's buddy's Chinese pop to my Jpop to Tareq's enka(!) to Ryu's voice being actually quite nice (in a girly way). Didn't make it too late...and the next day was Titinart's birthday (the girl who's leaving in 2 weeks to prepare for her studies in Europe after having been here in my identical situation for the same amount of time), so I convinced a couple of us living in Oubaku to get up before 6 to give her a nice surprise breakfast (a tradition I've had since I can't remember when).

Since Wednesday was actually a day off because of the university's birthday, Tuesday was perfect for celebrating Titinart's birthday, and we did so in contemporary Japanese style - first to an izakaya-kind of place for drinks and food, and then to karaoke with all-you-can-drink included for about 2 hours. Then the last train home, and a small afterparty in my room, until drinks were gone and people decided that it might be a good idea to sleep a bit before having to be at an academic workshop in Kobe at 9 am the next morning. Hehehe...

Which songs can you make out on the karaoke pictures? ;)

Ah, and the first pic is an illustration of the rainy season, which has now officially begun...most days are upwards of 70-80% humidity and a lot of rainfall; today was dry though.

Finally, before I head off to town, the choreo for our show is done! We practiced for about 7 hours last Saturday and at the end it was born. Cool stuff, I hope I can get a nice video recording for you all to see.






















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ik herken alleen Aerosmith - I don't wanna miss a thing (titel?). Uit die ene vreselijke film (weet niet meer of het Deep Impact of Armaggedon was, maar een van die twee kometenfilms die tegelijkertijd uitkwam) en die ik ook een keer heb gekeken in de bus onderweg naar een schoolreisje terwijl jij op de stoel naast me sliep.
GOOD TIMES!